THAI PRAWN SOUP
Ingredients (Serves 2)
10 prawns, peeled and cleaned
5 glasses of water
2 table spoons of fish sauce
3 kaffir lime leaves
1 – 2 limes, juiced
3 – 4 mushrooms, cubed
4 – 6 cherry tomatoes
1 – 2 lemon grass (or 1 – 2 desert spoon of lemon grass paste)
Chilli peppers, chopped (depends on how much you can bear spicy :P)
Coriander to your liking
1 Spring onion, chopped
A package of tom yam kung paste or a block of chicken broth
1 small galangal (don’t worry if you have none, it’s optional especially if you have the tom yam kung paste :P)
- Add the lime juice, the kaffir leaves, the galangal, fish sauce, the lemon grass, the paste and the broth into the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the mushrooms and boil for 1 minutes more.
- Add the prawns and boil till they are cooked.
- Add the chilli peppers and the tomatoes. Boil for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Garnish with coriander and spring onion.
|tom yam kung|