Perfect winter dish!
Ingredients: (Serves 3 – 4)
Cauliflower, boiled in salty water and drained, the florets incorporated
1 medium onion, cubed
1 – 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
150 – 200 grams of minced meat
2 – 3 tomatoes, peeled and cubed (you can use tomato puree as well)
1 carrot, sliced and boiled
3 spoons of olive oil
Cumin, pepper and salt
For the Mornay sauce:
100 grams of butter
1 glass of milk
2 spoons of flour
Salt and pepper
Half a glass of grated cheese
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the minced meat to the onions and the garlic and simmer for a few minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Lay the cauliflower in an oven dish and spread first the carrots and then the minced meat sauce on top of the cauliflower.
- For the Mornay sauce, melt the butter in a sauce pan over low heat and add the flour and stir briskly for 2 – 3 minutes (until the smell of the flour disappears). Pour in the milk slowly and whisk briskly. The mixture will thicken and by whisking it briskly you will get a creamy sauce. Add the spices and the cheese and continue simmering until the cheese melts.
- Pour the Mornay sauce on the meat and cook in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes (or until the topping gets a bit of colour)
|minced meat sauce|