This title might not give you any hint why this chicken is so different than the other “spicy chicken” recipes out there! The combination is quite unique and very successful. Every time I make it at home, we enjoy it very much! I think it is one of the things that you can serve to your guests, yet it is very simple to make!
6 chicken chop steaks
For the sauce:
2 – 3 spoons of olive oil
4 – 5 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
A small handful of sage (be careful with the amount you use, as sage has a very strong taste that might dominate the whole dish)
2 – 3 spoons of dried coriander seeds
2 – 3 spoons of soy sauce
4 – 5 kefir leaves
Juice of 1 or 2 mandarins
1 – 2 mandarins, peeled
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees
- Mix the olive oil, the garlic, the soy sauce, the herbs and the mandarin juice.
- Place the chicken chops in an oven dish.
- Pour the sauce on the chicken chops. Garnish with the mandarin slices.
- Cover the oven dish with aluminum foil and make a few small holes on it.
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 180 degrees and cook the dish for 20 minutes to half an hour.
|step 2 - sauce|
|spicy chicken is ready to be served!|
|spicy chicken on a bed of pilaf|