Tuesday, December 13, 2011

GREEN TOMATOES DISH

green tomatoes














Late September and early October you can see the green tomatoes on the stalls in the local bazaars here in Istanbul.  People do three things with those green tomatoes: 

- Keep it in a dark place, and let the tomatoes turn red. As this is the end of the tomato season (well, those naturally grown tomatoes), this way they can enjoy some naturally grown tomatoes a bit longer;

- Make pickles for the winter;

- Prepare the dish that I will give share the recipe of. I found the recipe on the internet, and it is the first time I cooked something like that. It is something that my mother never cooked as well. Well to be really honest, I think it will be my last time as well as I don’t think there is anything special to the recipe. Maybe if sugar is added, it can be a side dish next to your meat or so.

Ingredients:
1 kg of green tomatoes, washed and sliced
1 medium sized onion, ringed

tomatoes sliced, onion ringed
















1 spoon of rice, washed
Half a glass of warm water
Olive oil
Salt 

Method:
  1. Sauté the onions in the olive oil.
  2. Add the tomatoes, the rice and the water. Close the lid. Let it cook on low fire for 10 minutes. 


step 1

step 2
green tomatoes dish

No comments:

Post a Comment