Monday, April 30, 2012

PURSLANE AND LENTIL SALAD WITH HALLOUMI AND SLICES OF PEAR


(Recipe in English is below. Mercimekli semizotu salatasi (hellim peyniri ile) tarifi için burayi tiklayin)

I love purslane! It never disappoints, never! In Turkey we make yoghurt dip with purslane, or green salad with purslane or purslane dish with chickpeas and some garlic. All delicious! 

This time I wanted to make something different with purslane; so I created this delicious salad! I found it delicious indeed and my husband could only agree – that’s why I decided to post it! Hope you will enjoy it as much as we did! 

Ingredients (Serves 2)
The leaves of ¾ of a bundle of purslane (or simply said: purslane as much as you want :p )
2 cups of lentil, soaked in water the day before and boiled
2 spoons of balsamic vinegar
2 spoons of pomegranate syrup (optional)
150 gr halloumi cheese, sliced
8 slices of pear (I peeled off the skin)
A handful of walnuts
A handful of dried cranberries
2 spoons of olive oil
Note: as the halloumi is quite salty kind of cheese, I do not add extra salt to the salad.

Method:
  1. Share the purslane leaves into the salad bowls.
  2. Add 5 spoons of the boiled lentil in each bowl and mix with the purslane leaves.
  3. Mix the balsamic vinegar with the pomegranate syrup and pour over the purslane mix.
  4. Garnish with the pear slices (4 slices to each bowl), the rest of the lentil, the walnuts and the dried cranberries.
  5. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the halloumi on low fire. I like them golden-brown. Alternatively, you can grill the cheese! Share the cheese into the salad and serve!

Step 5












the very delicious purslane and lentil salad with halloumi
the very delicious purslane and lentil salad with halloumi
 

2 comments:

  1. This looks tasty too! Don't think it's easy to find halloumi here(maybe in the city). Would Greek feta sustitute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would! I was actually going to make it with feta instead if I did not have this halloumi that needed to be consumed first! But if I used feta, I would grate the cheese instead of grilling or frying it!

      Delete