Wednesday, April 11, 2012

ASPARAGUS MEZZE (ASPARAGUS IN MUSTARD DRESSING)

(Recipe in English is below. Kuskonmaz mezesi tarifi için burayi tiklayin)

Asparagus I love! When my husband asked me to make some mezzes, I wanted to try this cold asparagus salad in mustard dressing. I got inspired by two different recipes that are served as meze (cold starter) in two different restaurants here in Istanbul but in the end created my own thing! I can say that it was quite delicious!

As it is not season of asparagus here, I used asparagus in the jar. I am sure it would be much more tasty if this delicious meze was made with fresh asparagus!

I wanted to add some capers however did not have any available in the supermarket; so it will be for the next time. If you have some, do not hesitate to add them!

As we say in Turkish: Afiyet olsun! (bon appetit!)

Ingredients: 
10 – 11 white asparagus, boiled (or from the can)
1 desert spoon of mustard (I prefer mustard with seeds. Next time I will give this recipe a try with honey mustard!)
2 – 3 desert spoon of apple vinegar
1 - 2 spoon of water in order to obtain a better salad dressing texture
Half of one small or medium size onion; chopped in small cubes
2 – 3 drops of lemon juice
A pinch of salt

Method:
  1. Start with the dressing: mix the mustard with the apple vinegar. Add the water and mix some more.
  2. Rub the cubes of onion with the salt and the lemon juice until the onion gets soft and looses its water. Squeze in order to get rid of its juice and add it to the mustard and apple vinegar and mix.
  3. Take the asparagus on a plate and pour the dressing on it.  

asparagus

mustard dressing

asparagus mezze

No comments:

Post a Comment