(Text in English is below. Türkçe tariff için burayi tiklayin)
This one is a real classic. Delicious yet so simple.
Ingredients (serves 6 – 8 people):
1 glass of red lentil, washed and drained
1 medium onion, grated
1 small potato, grated
2 spoons of butter, 1 drop of olive oil
1 desert spoon of thick tomato paste (Turkish salça)
6 – 7 glasses of hot water (depending on how thick you would like your soup to be)
Spices to your liking: cumin, laurel, pepper, grounded red pepper
Juice of half a lemon (add more if you like sour)
- Sauté the onions in the butter and olive oil for two minutes.
- Add the salça and continue sautéing for a minute.
- Add the potato, continue sautéing for a minute.
- Add the lentil, the warm water, laurel (optional), lemon juice and boil till all the ingredients are soft, lost shape and mixed.
- Once cooked, add the salt and the rest of the spices to your liking.
|turkish lentil soup|