(Text in English is below. Türkçe tariff için burayi tiklayin)
Ingredients: (8 – 10 people)
For the bottom:
2 packages of oat cookies, grinded until fine crumbs
50 grams of butter, molten
2 spoons of milk
For the cheesecake dough:
400 grams of labneh cheese
4 eggs, egg white and yolk are separated
50 ml of sour cream
2 espresso cups of powder sugar
For the topping:
Half a kilo sour cherries, pitted
2 spoons of sugar
1.5 glasses of sour cherry juice
1 glass of water
2 spoons of wheat or rice flour
- Preheat the oven at 160 degrees.
- For the bottom, add the cookie crumbs and the butter and mix well. Then add the milk and continue mixing. Pour the mixture into a spring form mould (that doesn’t need to be buttered) and put it in the deepfreeze.
- For the cheesecake dough, mix the egg whites with a pinch of salt until the mixture is like white foam.
- In a separate deep bowl, mix the egg yolk with the cream and the powder sugar. When mixed, add the labneh cheese and continue mixing.
- Pour the white foam mixture into the cheese mixture and whisk.
- Take the spring form mould from the deepfreeze and pour the cheese mixture on the cheesecake bottom.
- Bake in the oven for at least 45 minutes in a preheated oven at 160 degrees. The top of the cake must turn into light brown colour. Check if the filling is baked well with the help of a toothpick. If not ready yet, continue baking. When ready, set it aside to cool.
- For the topping, in a large skillet, combine cherries and 2 tablespoons sugar. Boil over high heat until liquid is thick and syrupy. It will take 10 to 15 minutes. Set the sour cherries aside. Pour the water and the sour cherry juice into the skillet. Add the rice flour and mix well. Cook until the liquid becomes thick like pudding. Mix with the sour cherries. Set aside to cool.
- When the cake and the topping are cool enough, top the cake with the topping. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
|step 8 - cooking the cherries|
|step 8 - cooking the pudding|
|step 9 - cheesecake ready to be refrigrated|
|cheesecake with sour cherry topping|
|a slice of cheesecake with sour cherry topping|