This one is really delicious!
If you want to make it veggy, you can simply omit the meat from the recipe and I am sure it will be just as delicious!
If you don’t find spinach beet, you can replace it with spinach. Here's a look at the spinach beet:
Give it a try! Pulses are healthy stuff!
Ingredients: (serves 6)
1/3 glasses of chickpeas, boiled
1 glass of wheat for noah’s pudding (this is a direct translation! :p), boiled
500 grams of lambs meat, cubed
|lambs meat, cubed|
2 spoons of butter
1 onion, chopped
2 spoons of tomato paste (salça)
1 kg of spinach beet, chopped
|spinach beet, chopped|
1 – 2 glasses of warm water (depends of how thick / dry / watery you like your dish to be)
Salt to your liking
- Heat a big pot and take the meat in it until the meat soaks the water it releases during cooking process.
- Add the butter and the onions and cook two minutes more.
- Add the tomato paste, chickpeas and the wheat.
- Add the water and boil some.
- Add the spinach beet and mix. Let it cook for a minute and then turn the fire off.
- Add salt to your liking.