Tuesday, June 21, 2011

TANDOORI INSPIRED CHICKEN TURKISH WAY


Normally, tandouri is something that many restaurants specialized in meat related dishes include in their menu here in Turkey. I think they make tandouri of lamb mainly and I am not sure what the difference is with an Indian tandoori. My mom makes great tandoori at home as well; a bit of spices, long cooking and so soft to almost melt in the mouth! I had two chicken breasts in the deep freeze and to be really honest I can’t say that chicken breast is my favourite kind of meat: I just cannot make it soft! This time I decided to cook it like a tandoori and the result was not too bad! 

I served the chicken tandoori on a bed of pilaf. Chicken and pilav, and a bit of green salad always make a good combination. Try also yoghurt drink with it! 

Ingredients (Serves 2-4)
2 chicken breasts, if you like you can cut each into three pieces
Half a glass of water
2 laurel leaves
3-4 balls of pepper

Method:

Cook all the ingredients for about 45 minutes to an hour on low fire in a pan (lid closed) 

chicken tandoori on a bed of pilaf with some delicious green salad!
chicken tandoori on a bed of pilaf




No comments:

Post a Comment