Ok guys, it’s been a while I know but I have been quite busy lately: family visit from Belgium, a short trip to Madrid, pilates and sporting and many other fulfilling activities… Though, I have to tell you that during this period that the efforts in the kitchen have been slackening. I have been dining outside most of the time as well.
Anyway, today I have something special in the menu. It’s my recipe (which I created just an hour ago, which also means that the dish plate is in the oven at this very moment when I am typing you all that) however I will have to say that the concept or the idea is something I got inspired from other dishes that I have tried. What makes it my recipe is the changes I brought to these original recipe(s) that I know.
Let’s see how it will work!
Ingredients (serves 2-4)
2 or 3 chicken breasts, pounded thin by the help of a meat mallet
200 grams of labneh cheese
5-6 walnuts, roughly chopped
1 desert spoon of truffle oil
2 medium sized grape leaves, soaked in boiling water for about a minute and chopped fine
8 big grape leaves, soaked in boiling water for about a minute
4 spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the cheese, the walnuts and the chopped grape leaves. Add in the truffle oil.
- Lay four of the grape leaves on a oven dish.
- Spread this mixture over the chicken breast and roll the chicken around the filling.
- Arrange the chicken rolls on the oven dish (make sure that the edges remain at the bottom)
- Pour the olive oil equally on each breast
- Cover the rolls with the rest of the leaves.
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees for about 10 minutes
- Cook for 30 to 45 minutes at 150 degrees.