Monday, June 13, 2011

CHICKEN RULO STUFFED WITH CHEESE AND WALNUTS ON A BED OF GRAPE LEAVES

Ok guys, it’s been a while I know but I have been quite busy lately: family visit from Belgium, a short trip to Madrid, pilates and sporting and many other fulfilling activities… Though, I have to tell you that during this period that the efforts in the kitchen have been slackening.  I have been dining outside most of the time as well. 

Anyway, today I have something special in the menu. It’s my recipe (which I created just an hour ago, which also means that the dish plate is in the oven at this very moment when I am typing you all that) however I will have to say that the concept or the idea is something I got inspired from other dishes that I have tried. What makes it my recipe is the changes I brought to these original recipe(s) that I know. 

Let’s see how it will work! 

Ingredients (serves 2-4)

2 or 3 chicken breasts, pounded thin by the help of a meat mallet

200 grams of labneh cheese

5-6 walnuts, roughly chopped












1 desert spoon of truffle oil

2 medium sized grape leaves, soaked in boiling water for about a minute and chopped fine

8 big grape leaves, soaked in boiling water for about a minute
















 












4 spoons of extra virgin olive oil

Method:

  1. Mix the cheese, the walnuts and the chopped grape leaves. Add in the truffle oil.
  2. Lay four of the grape leaves on a oven dish.
  3. Spread this mixture over the chicken breast and roll the chicken around the filling.
  4. Arrange the chicken rolls on the oven dish (make sure that the edges remain at the bottom)
  5. Pour the olive oil equally on each breast
  6. Cover the rolls with the rest of the leaves.
  7. Preheat the oven at 150 degrees for about 10 minutes
  8. Cook for 30 to 45 minutes at 150 degrees.




step 1
step 2
step 3

step 3
step 6
happy ending!!!



happy ending!!

No comments:

Post a Comment