(Recipe in English is below. Pekmezli erik yahnisi tarifi için burayi tiklayin)
Recipe from Mardin. Found it on a turkish food magazine! It is quite delicious and special!
Ingredients: (serves 3 – 4)
300 gr. veal, cubed
8 – 10 dried prunes (pitted will of course be better but I had unpitted and we didn’t make it such a problem to take the pits out with the help of our knives while eating it)
1 medium size onion, chopped
2 spoons olive oil
1 desert spoon of red pepper paste (biber salçasi in Turkish)
Half a glass – 1 glass of chickpeas, boiled
1 spoon of grape molasses
3 + 1 glasses of warm water
- Soak the veal in one glass of water and cook it until it is soft. Keep the broth and the meat seperate.
- Sauté the onions and the meat in the olive oil for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, red pepper paste and the dried prunes.
- Add the broth and one glass warm water and cook until it boils. After it boiled, bring it to low fire and continue cooking for 10 more minutes. If the meat soaked the water you added, add one more glass of hot water and cook it till it boils.
- Add the grape molasses and salt to your liking. Let it rest for sometime.
|dried prunes stew with grape molasses|