(Text in English is below. Türkçe tarif için buraya tiklayin)
(KUZU ETLI ARAPSACI)
(KUZU ETLI ARAPSACI)
Today I didn’t feel like cooking dinner so I thought let’s order something: sushi? Kebab? Fish? While browsing the menus to choose, I saw “fennel with lamb’s meat” in one of the menus. Fennel? I have fennel leaves in the fridge as well as lambs meat! So back in the kitchen!
Fennel has a strong aroma, so maybe not everybody’s favourite but we like it very much at home! This dish is quite rich: it has vegetables, meat and a yoghurt based creamy sauce (surprise, surprise J). And the strong aroma of the fennel is balanced with the rest of the ingredients in such a nice way! Already one of our favourites!
Below you will find the details for the recipe:
|fennel leaves, carrot, onion, potato|
250 grams fennel foliage washed and cut apart from its stem. Chop the leaves fine.
|fennel leaves cut apart from the stem|
250 grams lambs’ meat cut in cubes
|lamb's meat cut in cubes|
1 big onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, sliced
1 small or medium potato, cut in cubes
|carrot and potato chopped|
200 grams yoghurt
2 table spoons of flour
Juice of half a lemon
2,5 glasses of warm water
- Sauté the meat for a few minutes. Add the onion, continue sautéing for a minute. Then add the carrot and the potato.
- Add 1 glass of warm water and close the lid and cook till the meat is soft. You will see that the meat soaks almost half of the water.
- Add the fennel leaves and 1 glass of warm water. Cook till the fennel leaves are soft.
- While the fennel leaves are simmering, mix the yoghurt, the egg, flour and half a glass of warm water with the help of a blender.
- When the fennel leaves are cooked well enough for you (you will have to decide for yourself how soft you like them), take a spoon of the remaining water in the dish and add to the yoghurt mixture and mix it well. Do this a few times. The yoghurt mixture should now be ready to be added into the fennel dish! But you have to do it very carefully; very slowly and bit by bit. While you add the yoghurt mixture into the dish, you should stir the dish this time.
- Let it cook till it boils and then let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the salt the very last.